Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
<Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

FAMILY PHOTOS:)

ALPHABET LAPBOOKS

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SMITH FAMILY ART!

O.k., so I had already decided that art would be THE gaping hole in my children's education at home. While I am crafty, I am by no means any type of artist. I cannot draw, paint, etc.. So, I purchased a book called Draw Write Now at a book sale because I saw that it was a step by step method that I could maybe do with the boys. Let me just say that this book is AWESOME!!! The picture above is the first picture in the first volume. The page before this one in the book begins with a shape by shape diagram of how to draw the hen.


Here are the boy's masterpieces. They are not copied, they are true representations of Cooper (top) and Carter's (bottom) work. I was so amazed that the pictures even closely resembled the model picture!! This was not because I have little faith in the children's abilities, but because I know that I am NOT equipped to teach art. Anyway, as you can see, the book has done wonders. My kids can draw a hen and her chicks - so far. Carter will be taking art and drawing in co-op this year as well, so we will not be relying solely on Draw Write Now for art education!! WHEW!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: