Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
<Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

FAMILY PHOTOS:)

ALPHABET LAPBOOKS

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

CRAZY SMITH OLYMPICS!

O.k., so we started school the first week of August. I knew I would feel guilty about making my kids begin school so early - even though we are out early in May for pool weather:) Anyway, I scheduled the CRAZY SMITH OLYMPICS for the end of our second week of study. I did activities like this with my after school kids and they really loved it, so I thought the boys would, too!! We invited the boys friends, Ethan and Garrett over to compete and have fun, too. Our first activity was a WATER CUP RELAY. Each team got a small cup. One at a time, each member had to fill the small cup with water, run SLOWLY to a larger cup and the first team that filled their larger cup won the event!! It was great fun!
Here is our second event. The WET T - SHIRT CONTEST. I know what you are thinking, but no, it was not that kind of wet t - shirt contest. I wet the t- shirts with a hose. One at a time, each team member had to put the shirt on, run to the end of the sidewalk, come back and take the shirt off and give it to their partner. The first team to have both members complete the run and take the shirt off won the event! Let me just say that it was hilarious watching these boys try and put oversize, wet t - shirts on and run in them::):)Notice the logo's on the shirts. Ha! Tony will be happy!!
Ahh, a good old fashioned SIT AND SQUISH! Each team got several balloons. One at a time, each member began at the starting line, took their balloon, sat on it until it squished and then ran back to the starting line so that their partner could go. The team that squished all of their balloons won the event. This was a hilarious one, too, as two of the boys were small and their hineys were rolling all over the balloons but not squishing them!! Too funny!
Carter and Cooper are now professional "sit and squishers". As you can see by the medal around Cooper's neck, we gave out medals to each team that won an event, just as we did when we had the first Smith Olympics. I think that all of the boys really enjoyed the day and the events. They are still talking about how much fun they had! I will do anything for the sake of education:)!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: